Corporate visual identity and logos are not just a bunch of words, numbers or illustrations put together. This visual concept is literally the presentation card for every company. This first impression will determine sales and other important corporate resolutions, as it will strongly mark our customers’ attitude.
A good logo must be unique, exclusive, and must stand out from the competitors. But also, this corporate visual must communicate brand values to perfection. So, where to start?
First of all we must take the time to really get to know your customer and understand their values. Then reflect upon what specific message we wish to communicate: Emotion? Security? Good will? Whatever the target, a great design will stick to both the values and global identity of the brand.
Among the elements that must be taken into account, we could highlight the following:
- Color: A key element, nor just for it shades, but the light and combinations it allows. Meanings, feelings, signifiers… all is conveyed in one simple glimpse.
- Name. Represents the 50% in a logotype, or even the 100% in some cases. If a company has a powerful brand name, nothing else is needed.
- Simplicity. The easier a logotype is to identify, the more successful it will become.
- Values. A logo must possess coherence in order to codify and embody a powerful image. Brand characteristics must be visible in it, so corporate strengths must be included in the design.
- Distinction. A logotype highlights a brand’s best assets, reflecting in its corporate identity what make them different from the rest. Creativity will help to innovate in the specific market sector which will feature our logo.
The great challenge lies in being able to design a timeless image which allows some possible transformations through the years. The perfect logotype always harmonizes with the corporate image and values, and will help to reach important goals. After all, success depends on a company’s effort, potential, and message.